Sometimes you just want a quick pizza. My goal in making this was just the fastest pizza that was still pretty good. BUT, what happened is that it is terrific. It is my husband’s favorite version I have ever made, of low-carb and gluten-free pizza. Y’all, this aint my first rodeo, I’ve been low-carb food blogging since 2008! I’ve made dozens of low-carb pizzas but this version wins hands down.
This one is easily rolled up to eat, no fork needed. It’s fast, it tastes like pizza, it has no nuts or coconut flour. I’m sold! It takes less time than ordering a pizza and uses regular ingredients! And, you do not need the tomato sauce, truly, if you are allergic to nightshades (omit pepperoni if so), or no-plant.
This picture in the recipe is half the pizza because I got too excited… here is the other half on my plate! You can see how easy it rolls up to eat, on the left. My husband likes to sandwich it, two pieces with cheese and toppings on inside, and eat it that way.
Even if you have small farm eggs, don’t add a third egg to this recipe. 2 eggs, big or small- works. 3 small eggs did not work as well. I like to top with red pepper flakes.
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 eggs, even 2 small eggs are ok
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus at least 1/2 cup more for topping
- 1/4 cup (approximately) pizza sauce - I use 365 organic marinara (optional)
- *If you don't have any Italian seasoning, use a mix of mostly oregano and a little basil, marjoram, sage, and a tiny bit of fennel seed powder.
- Preheat oven to 375?F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, add cream cheese, eggs, seasonings, 1/2 cup each of parmesan and mozzarella. Blend with a handheld mixer until well mixed.
- Using a silicone spatula, spread evenly over the parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes until it looks a bit like an omelet - light yellow with brown flecks and spots.
- Take out and spread pizza sauce thinly all over- or leave it out if you cannot have it (it's great without). Top with mozzarella cheese. Put pepperoni on top of the cheese (or substitute topping). Sprinkle parmesan cheese all over.
- Put back into the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese melted. Let cool a few minutes, then cut and enjoy!