Here is another junk-free installment of one of our birthday parties. Pirates! No crap served: nothing artificial, no hydrogenated oils, no corn syrup. I’m only posting to show you it can be done and everyone ate well and was happy with the spread! Because of this, no kids melted down. WIN. It was also gluten-free, for my GF kiddo. And, the games were really fun, too. My little boy had a wonderful time. This was on the simple side. My son asked for “white cupcakes” so I just used a gluten-free mix at whole foods and the icing too (I’m not great with making my own icing).
- Dress like a Pirate: table of eye-patches, pirate tattoos, pirate hats, foam swords, pirate flags, “booty”- little jewel rings, my husband on-hand to draw mustaches (and a board showing all the styles to choose from).
- Ring Toss: Made by my husband, from a bedtime story he made up for our son
- Walk The Plank: a board over a small kiddie pool with water and beach bath toys in it
- Pin the Eye Patch on the Pirate (totally bought this one)
- Shark Watermelon: my first “stab” at carving a watermelon and I was so pleased! Link I used.
- Vegetable Swords in a vegetable tray with homemade ranch dressing labelled “Veggie Island” (see the palm tree? LOL)
- Pirate’s Booty labelled “Crocodile Teeth”
- G.F. Pretzels labelled “Salty Bones”
- Cheese & Crackers
- Meatballs in a crockpot served with plastic swords